Last night was our 1st Stated Meeting for February. Prior to our meeting, we had our District Officer go through our pre-inspection, which I am happy to report passed with flying colors. We also enjoyed some dinner and fellowship (dinner being provided by our event committee) and multiple EAs returned that evening to just come and enjoy lodge, as well watch the degree that they just went through last week, so that they could see it from the sideline point of view.
With that said, we of course conferred an EA degree on the son of an out of Ohio Mason. Our degree team once again did an outstanding job and was even more special as we were able to confer the degree in front of our District Deputy (as he stayed and enjoyed the meeting.) This also means we will be conferring a lot of degrees over the coming months, as we now have 3 EAs that need their FC degree, afterwhich we will have 4 FCs that will need the MM degree. So like I said, we will have at least 7 more degrees to perform this Masonic Year.
Some upcoming events for Old Erie:
* Saturday, February 11th – Grand Master’s Reception at Sorrento’s in Warren. Old Erie is honored to send 8 members (as well as their spouses) to this event, as well as one of our youngest EAs who will be receiving the 25th Districts Excellence In Youth award.
* Wednesday, February 15th – We will be traveling to Cortland Lodge to take the Traveling Gavel! It has been many, many years since Old Erie last held this gavel, so one of my goals this year was to go and get it. Of course, the more members of Old Erie that show, the better this night will be! Plus, rumor has it that another Lodge may be gunning for it as well… So hopefully anyone on the fence will come out with us!
* Tuesday, March 14th – Our Inspection. This year we will be conferring the FC degree for our Inspection. We will have to see which of our current EAs will be ready to have their FC degree conferred upon them that evening.
* Saturday, April 22nd – Old Erie will be having an Open House, open to the public. More details to come, but make sure to invite your friends to come out and check out our Lodge.
* Tuesday, April 25th – Past Master’s Night and our Annual Seafood Fry! We may be conferring an MM degree that evening (as we’ll have 4 to do) so look forward to that. More details to come as well.
Between now and when we go dark, we will be trying to confer all of our outstanding degrees, so I will be keeping everyone posted so that you know when you can come down to lodge and join us in watching our degree work (or even helping… we can always use walkers!)
For now, I hope every one has a good couple of weeks, and I will look forward to sending out my next update!
WM of Old Erie